Pipeline Pools, the expert pool maintenance pros in Sunrise offer up a few hacks to make pool cleaning easier and more effective. You know you have to clean your pool and you have to do it on a regular basis, but you can create an environment to make it an easier task by following these five simple tips.
Weird Tricks to Keep Your Sunrise Pool Clean and Sparkling
- Turbocharge your skimmer basket. Most baskets already do a good job of collecting debris but there are always those "no-see-um" pieces of debris and trash that slip through the screen. You can put the brakes on that flaw in the cleaning process by wrapping an old pair of pantyhose around the basket. Hair, sand and other small pieces of junk are not going to pass through the itty bitty holes in the nylon fabric.
- Tennis anyone? No takers? Toss those brand new tennis balls in your pool or hide them in the skimmer basket and they will soak up sun screen, body lotions, and any other oily substance your family or guests bring into your pool. An easy and inexpensive way to keep your pool crystal clear.
- Bugs and bug parts seem to favor burial at sea and your pool is a great substitute for the briny blue. The best way to reduce these floating nuisances is to reduce the number of live ones that hang around your pool. Planting lemongrass near the pool will help with that. Lemongrass contains citronella a natural bug repellant. If your problem is wasps try filling a small paper bag with plastic grocery bags, tying off the end and hanging it (or them if you have a bigger problem) as a decoy near the pool. Wasps generally won’t build new nests within 200 feet of existing nests.
- Save a buck with baking soda. Baking soda is an amazing substance with at least 101 uses from cleaning tile to brushing teeth. When it comes to pool cleaning baking soda is every bit as effective as any pool alkalinity product in balancing your pH and it does it at a fraction of the cost.
- Keep your pool parties under control. When guests arrive who have forgotten to bring a swim suit and they jump in with clothes on they are contributing to a less than clear pool. Small doses of people wearing shorts or tees while swimming are no big deal but clothing can bleed or fray when it comes in contact with chlorine contributing to a cloudy appearance. Make bathing suits a requirement for pool use.
Your pool is a major investment and a great source of entertainment and relaxation. Just like your home or your car it needs ongoing maintenance. If you need help with pool cleaning, maintenance, repair or renovation give the Sunrise pool pros a call today and we will be happy to assist.